Traditional Ox Walk this Sunday
El Pueblito dresses up to celebrate its Patron Saint, beginning with the Traditional February Festivities, which are intended to commemorate the anniversary of the blessing of El Santuario, on February 5, 1736, within this novena of the most important events. They are: the Blessing and Paseo del Buey, the first Sunday, the offering of the Broth for the stewardship, the blessing of the “Parande and Colación”, the Battle and Death of the Moor and the Soldier. Respectively, the entrance of the Waxes and every afternoon, in addition to beautiful dances that give us both the Corporation of the Inditas and the Children of the Dances of Promises.
“Paseo del Buey” will be held next Sunday and the traditional broth will be held on Monday, in which there will be reduced capacity due to the coronavirus pandemic. Covid-19.
This year the 286th anniversary of the Sanctuary of the Virgen del Pueblito will be celebrated, and the festivities that will take place are next Saturday, February 19 at 4:00 p.m. with the entrance of the corporation of the first dance to the sanctuary, the first rosary and actual trial.
While on Sunday at 7:00 the blessing will be made and the traditional “Paseo del Buey” will begin with the corporations of the old and new stewardship.
That same day at 1:00 p.m., the pilgrimage of the guild of drivers and vehicle owners will take place, from Paseo Constituyentes to behind the sanctuary. And on Monday, at 2:00 p.m., the traditional broth will be held in the sanctuary parking lot, in which there will be limited space.
On Tuesday, February 22, “La Parande” will be delivered to the sanctuary at 12:00 noon with the new stewardship. Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. will be the entrance of the wax of the second dance and solemn Eucharist.
In addition, on Sunday, February 27, the 286th anniversary of the current sanctuary will be commemorated from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., in which there will be masses. And on Monday, February 28, they will conclude with solemn mass at 7:00 p.m.
The festivities continue with the election of the Nueva Mayordomia during the month of March.
During Holy Week the Divino Salvador is celebrated, at the Parish of San Francisco Galileo. Those who, among other events, carry out the meeting of the venerated Images in the surroundings, such as Mr. Santiago, Mr. De la Sabanilla, and San Isidro Labrador. At the end of Holy Week, the burning of Judas takes place.
Between April and June the Sma. Virgin makes two visits to Santiago de Qro, on the occasion of the Liturgical Festival and the Good Season, celebrations in which her faithful from Corregidora, as well as from the Diocese and the Franciscan Province of San Pedro and San Pablo, of which she is Patron.
In October, the anniversary of the Coronation of the Virgin of El Pueblito and the anniversary of the blessing of the Schoenstatt Shrine are celebrated.
It should be noted that in the municipal capital and in the communities the different festivities are also celebrated in honor of their Patron Saints, such as in San José de los Olvera, Santa Bárbara, Lourdes, Los Angeles, among many others.
• Fiestas de Febrero or Fiesta Grande, for the anniversary of the blessing of the Sanctuary, its Atrium and the streets of the Center of El Pueblito.
• Spring Equinox – March 21 – “El Cerrito” Archaeological Zone.
• Holy Week and Feast of the Divine Savior -date according to the Liturgical Calendar. Liturgical Festival, celebrated in April -according to the liturgical calendar- the image of the Virgin of El Pueblito visits the Episcopal city of Santiago de Qro. Tour of the Good Temporal of the Virgin of El Pueblito to the Parishes and Temples of Querétaro asking for good harvests.
• National Holidays –September 15 and 16– Main Garden of El Pueblito and Civic Plazas of the Delegations.
• October, Anniversary of the founding of the Schoenstatt Shrine.
• October Anniversary of the Coronation of the Virgin of El Pueblito , visits the Episcopal city of Santiago de Querétaro and on her return festivities in the Sanctuary and streets of the Center of El Pueblito.
• Day of the Dead –November 1 and 2 –Municipal Pantheon, Joaquín Herrera Pantheon and Old cemetery, as well as placement and contests of Altars for the Dead in the Main Garden of El Pueblito and Alameda Hidalgo.
• December, Christmas Festivities: lighting of the tree and inauguration of the Christmas Bazaar – Main Garden of El Pueblito.
For The Latest Mexico Breaking News, Mexico News in English, Living, Working, Investing, or Retiring in Mexico Please Join and Share our Page Click Here