You must register and you have until December 13 to do so
|Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, migrant caravans were suspended to travel back to Mexico in the holiday season.|
This year, to provide security to Mexicans who decide to travel, the first virtual caravan will be held, with which digital accompaniment will be given on their journey when crossing the border to their places of origin in Mexico.
To register, you must download the “Todos M” application from the App Store or Google Play. After entering all the data, you will receive by mail a sticker that you must print and stick on the vehicle, with which the Mexican authorities will know that the people who have completed the necessary procedures to enter the country and the foreign crossing will be faster.
In the app, you will find the links to all the procedures that must be carried out for your trip, for example, the processing of car insurance, temporary or permanent vehicle import permit, the multiple immigration form, and the taxpayer payment formats.
The Virtual Caravan will take place on December 17th and registration expires on December 13th.
Migrant Caravan 2020: How does the Todos M app work?
To travel with the migrant caravan 2020 you must download the Todos M app, which is very easy to use, you only have to follow 4 steps
If you want to travel to Mexico with the migrant caravan 2020, you should know that you will need to register in the “ Todos M” app , which is already available in the PlayStore and the AppStore.
The registration to participate in the migrant caravan 2020 began on November 26 and will last until December 13.
Unlike previous years, 2020 has been marked by the pandemic caused by the Covid-19 coronavirus, that is why the Fuerza Migrante organization participated in the development of an application that facilitates registration in the caravan and avoids crowds.
How does the app to travel to México Todos M work?
According to Avelino Meza, general secretary of Fuerza Migrante, using the Todos M app is very simple and only the following steps should be followed:
- Download it.
- Click on “register”.
- Provide all the requested information: a name or pseudonym, a telephone number, a postal code and the “ MUC ” affiliation code.
- Accept the terms and conditions and click on “register”.
- Complete your profile with contact information, if you don’t, you can do it later.
Once you have completed the registration, several options will appear, you have to select the one that says “ Caravan ”.
Once you have selected that option you will have to follow a few last steps to register for the migrant caravan 2020, calm we are about to finish.
What are the steps to follow to register?
Step 1. Fill in your general data and those of the vehicle in which you will participate in the caravan
The first step is to fill in the registration details of the participant in the caravan, the details of your trip and the vehicle with which you will enter Mexico.
- Title participant. You must provide your general data and contact information.
- Travel . Include the date of entry, destination, duration and reason for the trip.
- Vehicle . Here are the general data and approximate value.
Step 2. Share your insurance information to be able to transit in Mexico, if you don’t have one you can purchase it within the App
Remember that to travel to Mexico it is mandatory to have car insurance . If you don’t have one, you can buy it within the application or enter the details of the current policy that you already have.
If you already have a policy , you must enter the following information:
- Insurance Company in Mexico.
- Policy number.
If you need to buy a policy , you can do it in the app.
- Basic plan . Protection for your author includes coverage for material damage, medical expenses, total theft and civil liability for $ 100,000 USD.
- Total plan . Maximum protection for your car. Includes coverage for material damage, medical expenses, total and partial theft, vandalism, civil liability for $ 300,000 USD and platinum coverage.
- Trailer . Option to cover towing for up to $ 10,000 USD.
- Annual coverage. Option to increase coverage for one year.
- Vehicle registration data. VIN, registration status and plates.
- Pay policy. Pay with a credit card within the app.
It should be noted that the sale of insurance is an external service to United Migrants in Caravana AC.
Step 3. Enter the folio number of your temporary import permit of the vehicle that you previously processed on the Banjercito page or the folio of the permanent import permit.
The import permit (temporary or permanent) is a legal requirement to enter Mexico.
- Process and pay the permit directly on the Banjercito website . If you don’t have it yet, click to process it .
- Process a permit with the customs agency of your preference and enter the permit number.
Finish registration. Generate sticker, print it and stick it on the front windshield on the day of the caravan
With these steps you can download the Sticker of the Digital Caravan , which allows you to:
- Be identified by authorities and organizers as a registered participant.
- Know that you have completed the necessary procedures to enter Mexico.
- Receive messages and notifications by SMS during the development of the Digital Carava.
You will have to print it and stick it on the car.
Don’t leave your paperwork at the last minute
The agreed day to cross the border into Mexico is December 17 at 7 in the morning, as in previous years the starting point will be in Laredo, Texas .
Paisano, don’t leave everything at the last minute, the Todos M application informs you about the procedures you need to travel to Mexico. Remember that registration ends on December 13 , so you should not let time pass.
If you leave a pending procedure, the members of Mexicanos Unidos en Caravana will know it. In addition, you would be exposing yourself to crowds at the border by completing the last minute procedure.
Remember that to travel to Mexico you need:
Finally, the app will serve to carry out an accompaniment so that you can travel to Mexico without problems.
If you have any doubts, the staff of United Migrants in Caravan will carry out constant training on the app.